What is Biomass Energy?
Biomass can be defined as the total mass of living organisms that belong to a society consists of species or consist of several species. Biomass is also defined as an organic carbon.
1.Herbal Biomass Recources
2. Forest and Forestry Product Biomass Recources
- Oil-bearing crops (canola, sunflower, soybean, etc.)
- Sugar and starch crops (potatoes, wheat, corn, sugar beets, etc.)
- Staple crops (flax, kenaf, hemp, sorghum, miscanthus, etc.)
- Protein crops (peas, beans, etc.)
- Herbal and agricultural residues (branches, stalk, straw, root, bark, etc.)
3. Animal Biomass Recources
- Wood and forestry waste(energy forest, energy crops, various trees)
4. Organic wastes, biomass resources obtained from urban and industrial wastes
- Cattle, horses, sheep, chickens waste, slaughter house waste and animal wastes that arise during the processing of products
Biomass Potential in Turkey
- Sewage sludge, paper industry and food industry wastes, industrial and domestic waste water, municipal waste and large industrial facilities waste
- It is estimated that the biomass potential in Turkey is about 8,6 million tonnes of equivalent petrol (MTEP), and biogas quantities that can be produced from biomass is 1,5-2 MTEP.