It means the reduction in the energy consumption per unit or product amount without leading to the decrease of the life standard and service quality in buildings and the production quality and amount in industrial enterprises.
The energy efficiency policies are one of the main fields required to be sensitively discussed because of its direct relation with the economic growth and social development objectives’ sustainability and its key role played in reducing the total greenhouse gas emission.
Energy saving and efficiency is one of the most important components of our 2023 national strategy objectives and energy policies such as providing energy demand safety, reducing the external dependence risks, protecting environment and increasing the efficiency of the struggle against the climate change.
Through the energy efficiency studies, it was aimed to be reduced energy density of Turkey (energy consumed per national income) as 20% until 2023 compared to 2011.
By aiming the contribution to the environmental protection, the followings which are carried out within the scope of the Energy Efficiency Law having the aim of increasing the efficiency in energy use and the relevant Regulations, are among the fundamental duties and responsibilities of the General Directorate of Renewable Energy;
- Trainings (energy manager trainings, survey project trainings and international trainings)
- Survey (industrial enterprises, commercial and service buildings, public buildings, dwellings)
- Authorizations (Energy Efficiency Consulting Companies, Universities and Trade Association)
- Measuring, Monitoring and Evaluation, Audit
- Energy Efficiency Supports (Increasing Efficiency Project and Voluntary Agreements)
- Promotion and Awareness
- Energy Efficiency Forum and Fair
- National and International Projects Development
- Planning and Coordination of the Activities related to the Efficiency
- Actions and Training Activities on Efficiency, Greenhouse Gas Emission and Monitoring
The details presented here have been prepared with the aim of informing the users of the website of our Ministry, and do not possess the characteristics of official binding documents.